This program is designed to help you understand the content and types of questions that appear on the Computer Simulated Clinical Exercise of the ADEX/CDCA Examination. Additionally, you will be provided with information on the format for the Patient Treatment Clinical Exercise and guidelines for appropriate patient selection. After completing this program and the final exam provided, you will be better prepared for the written and clinical components of the ADEX/CDCA Exam.
- The format of the written and clinical components of the American Board of Dental Examiners (ADEX) Dental Hygiene Examination.
- The types of questions that appear on the Exam.
- The topics of focus on the written examination.
- Guidelines for appropriate patient selection.
Topics for the ADEX/CDCA Review Course
- Medical/Dental Assessment
- Intra and Extra Oral Examination
- Dental and Periodontal Charting and Assessment
- Soft tissue, Bone and Tooth Abnormalities
- Dental Hygiene Care Planning
- Periodontal Procedures
- Infection Control
- Medical Emergency Management
- Dental Specialties
- Applied Pharmacology
Author: Nancy Cherner, RDH, MS